The following terms and conditions contain a binding arbitration clause and class action waiver. This waiver may impact your rights about how to resolve disputes if you live the United States.
You acknowledge that there may be interruptions in service or events that are beyond our control. You further acknowledge that the website does not confirm the accuracy of any information posted on the website. The website may be unavailable for any reason including but not excluding maintenance or any other unforeseen reason and access may be interrupted, suspended or terminated. The Company retains the right at our sole discretion to deny service, or access to the website to anyone or an account, at any time and for any reason.
You agree not to otherwise engage in any of the following activities using the Site:
That includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person's explicit consent and/or express permission;
That is false, deceptive, misleading, deceitful, argumentative, or misinformative in any way;
That infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party, or Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
That constitutes or contains "affiliate marketing," "link referral code," "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other unsolicited commercial advertisements;
That constitutes or contains any form of advertising or solicitation if: posted in areas of the Site which are not designated for such purposes; or emailed to the Site users who have not indicated in writing that it is acceptable to contact them about other services, products or commercial interests.
That is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, or is harmful to minors in any way;
That is pornographic, depicts a human being engaged in actual sexual conduct or any material which is sexual in nature;
That harasses, degrades, intimidates or is hateful toward an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
That impersonates any person or entity, including, but not limited to or falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity;
That contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
That disrupts the normal flow of dialogue with an excessive amount of Content to the Site, or that otherwise negatively affects other users' ability to use the Site;
That employs false or misleading email addresses, forged headers or otherwise manipulated identifiers in order to disguise the origin of content transmitted through the Site; or
To market, promote, or otherwise attempt to sell any products through the Site that are unrelated to the core purpose of the Site
Scrape any information contained on the Site through any means (including crawlers, browser plugins and add-ons, and any other technology or manual work);
Copy, modify or create derivative works of the Site or any contains contained therein;
Collect, use, copy, or transfer any information obtained from the Site without the consent of the Company;
Use manual or automated software, devices, scripts robots, other means or processes to access, "scrape," "crawl" or "spider" the Site or any related data or information contained therein; or
Use bots or other automated methods to access the Site, or to add or download information from the Site.
2. Account Creation. If applicable, If you create an account on our Site, you may only create and hold one account per household - that you are solely responsible for managing. Your account is non-transferrable and may not be sold, combined or otherwise shared with any other person. If you violate any of these limitations we may terminate your account and, without limitation. If we terminate your account, you may not re-enroll or join under a new account unless we formally invite you. If you commit fraud or falsify information in connection with your use of the Site or in connection with your account, your account will be terminated immediately and we reserve the right to hold you liable for any and all damages that we suffer, to pursue legal action through relevant local and national law enforcement authorities and to notify your Internet Service Provider of any fraudulent activity we associate with you or your use of the Site.
3. Site Content; Content Moderation. The contents of the Site, such as text, graphics, images, and other material contained on the Site (the “Content”) are for informational purposes only. All users should conduct their independent due diligence regarding the actual pricing and availability of any pricing for any books contained on the Site. The Site and the Content are provided on an "as is" basis. In addition, we reserve the right to ban or revoke the license of anyone engaging in activities which the Company determines, in its sole discretion, to be unacceptable. Such activities include, but are not limited to hacking, advertising, jamming, spamming, or employing robots, spiders, scripts, scrapers, crawlers through the Site.
4. Pricing, Item Condition, Transfer of Ownership, Counterfeit or Illegally Obtained Books.
The Company expressly reserves the right to modify any pricing for books it seeks to purchase at any time, without prior notice to you. The Company further expressly reserves the right to accept or reject, in its sole discretion, any books you seek to have the Company purchase from you. All books that you intend to sell to the Company through the Site must be in very good condition, which means that books must meet the following criteria: No tears and minimal wear to the cover, or pages; corners of covers should not be bent, dented or frayed; minimal wear to the binding; pages should be attached to the binding if bound originally; bindings must match the description and ISBN; 20% or fewer of the book's pages can have writing or marks; workbooks must be clean and unwritten in; books must include all original pages; no liquid damage – warped, wavy pages are a sign of liquid damage; no fire or smoke damage or strong odor of any kind; All supplements if part of the original ISBN such as a CD-Rom, the original CD-Rom must accompany the book when shipped to us and be in working condition; no advance reading copies, uncorrected proofs, and/or promotional or screener copies of books; no items with the access code exposed – including for standalone items as well as items which include a supplementary access code.
You are responsible for indicating the correct ISBN number for each book you intend to sell. The company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to accept or reject any book that you seek to sell through the Site based on its condition. You agree and acknowledge that the Company is not liable for rejecting any book that you seek to sell thorough the Site for any reason whatsoever.
Upon receipt of a shipped package to the Company issued address, ownership of the contents of the shipment transfer completely to the Company . The Company reserves the right to determine the value and condition of any included items according to its own standard and policies. The Company also reserves the right to sell, recycle or donate any item obtained through a shipment to its issued address should the seller not receive it back due to not wanting to pay for return shipping charges should the book be rejected for any reason the Company deems necessary.
The Company reserves the right to inquire how items were acquired and request proof of ownership. While under investigation, payment may be delayed or withheld.
Any items that are illegally obtained or deemed to be inauthentic will be returned to their rightful owner or turned over to the proper authorities (ie law enforcement, publishers, or retailers)
6. Dispute Resolution. EACH PARTY EXPRESSLY WAIVES THEIR RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY. By using this Site, you agree that any claim, dispute, or controversy you may have against the Company or any of its officers, directors, employees, agents, or affiliates arising out of, relating to, or connected in any way with this Agreement this Site shall be resolved exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) and conducted before a single arbitrator pursuant to the applicable Rules and Procedures established by AAA (“Rules and Procedures”). You agree further that: (a) the arbitration shall be held in Chicago, Illinois. or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by you and the Company; (b) the arbitrator shall apply Illinois law consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law; (c) there shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis; arbitration can decide only your and/or the Company’s individual claims; and the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated; and (d) with the exception of subpart (c) above, if any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, or otherwise conflicts with the Rules and Procedures established by AAA, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein.
You agree that any claim against the Company arising out of this Agreement, your use of the Site, whether based in contract or tort or otherwise, for damages or any other time of remedy in law or equity, shall be brought within the later of one (1) year from the date the breach, act or failure to act by any person occurred, or within six (6) months of the date claimant knew or should of known of the breach, act or failure to act or failure to act by the party to be charged.
7. Disclaimer of Warranty. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. NEITHER COMPANY, ITS SUBSIDIARIES AFFILIATES NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, OWNERS, AGENTS, THIRD-PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS, OR ANY OF THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS, WARRANT THAT USE OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO (I) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THIS SITE, OR (II) THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR CONTENT OF ANY INFORMATION, DATA, OR SERVICES PROVIDED THROUGH THIS SITE. THE SITE IS MADE ACCESSIBLE ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THOSE OF DATA ACCURACY, TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. COMPANY FURTHER DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THOSE OF DATA ACCURACY, TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, REGARDING SITE.
8. Third Party Websites. The Site contains links to websites maintained by other parties. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not because we endorse or have an opinion about the contents on such websites. We expressly disclaim any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such websites or the privacy practices of those websites. If you decide to access websites maintained by other parties, you do so at your own risk.
No waiver by either you or the Company of any breach or default or failure to exercise any right allowed under this Agreement is a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default or a waiver or forfeiture of any similar or future rights under our Agreement. The section headings used herein are for convenience only and shall be of no legal force or effect. If any provision of our Agreement is held invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions contained in this Agreement, and the remaining portions of our Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.